Saturday 26 October 2013

Practise Time.....


for Free Motion Machinery.  For those of you who know, Mum still in hospital.  So yesterday managed to grab a couple of hours to practise my free motion machinery, I decided to make a couple of covers for my Pinking shears( they cut little zig zags to stop material fraying) and my ordinary material scirrors.

I used 2 cotton napkins for the back, thick iron on vilene for the centre and the top pieces are curtain remnants, plus my machinery.  Wishing everyone a lovely Saturday before the storms hit us.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely results, Francesca!

    All the best for your mom!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the patterns you created with your sewing machine stitches. I'm sure it was a good way to release stress about having your mother in the hospital. I pray that she'll be better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always hated practicing free motion and then not having anything useful to show for it. Good idea to make a scissors case.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for the nice comments.

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear mum is still in hospital. Hope things do not get you down too much. Keep your chin up.
    On a brighter note, love your sewing. I made covers for scissors last year but I think we just stuck them down. Don't remember any sewing.
    Take care - thinking of you both
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete